Our Library Chat Service provides an opportunity for a one-on-one discussion with a Library staff member. Ask us anything, we are here to help!
Chat with Us
Got a question? Click on the Live Info Chat image to start a chat session with the Library.
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 7:30pm
Friday: 8am - 4:30pm
- No software installation is required
- Can be accessed on a PC, Mac and all mobile devices
- Works in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge)
General questions from users not affiliated with Mohawk College will also be answered, however only current students, faculty, and staff have access to licensed databases and online resources.
- The Live Chat service is intended to answer brief questions
- Be specific about what information you need when starting a chat session
- If your question is too complex, staff may ask you to continue the conversation via email, phone, or Zoom or to book a research appointment
We use Libraryh3lp software for our chat service, which collects the complete conversation between you and Library staff as well as any documentation sent to you during the transaction. Your IP address, name and email may also be recorded depending on the chat method you have selected.
We will not disclose any personal data we collect from you to any party in a manner that would identify you. We save a copy of each complete transaction to assist with follow-up inquiries and to collect chat usage statistics.
Harassment of any type will not be tolerated. If you are being abusive to staff, your access to the service will be blocked.