Techstreet is a subscription-based platform containing industry codes and standards. The Library has purchased a custom set of resources from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
Viewing/Downloading/Printing: Documents can be read online using the Techstreet Document Viewer. To download or print CSA documents, Adobe Acrobat Reader and a browser plug-in called FileOpen must be installed on your computer/device. Downloaded PDF files can only be accessed on the computer or device where ;they were originally downloaded.
To start a search, enter a standard or a key word into the search box and click on the Search button. You can also click on the Browse button to see all of the resources that the Library has purchased.
Click on the title to see the Document Details.
From the Document Details screen, click on the View Online button in the Language of your choice.
Use the Document Viewer Tools to change how the document is displayed in your browser and to flip through pages.
From the Document Details screen, click on the Download button in the Language of your choice to download the document to your computer. Alternatively, you can right click on the Download button, choose Save link as, and save the PDF document to your computer.
Navigate to the folder containing the file and double click on the file Name.
The document will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
From the Document Details screen, click on the Download button in the Language of your choice to download the document to your device.
Click on the Download link.
Click on the Open in link.
Choose the FileOpen App.
The file will take some time to decrypt and open.
When the file has finished decrypting, it will open in the FileOpen app.
Can I download a PDF to my PC or Mac?
Yes. Adobe Reader and the FileOpen plug-in must be installed on your computer to download encrypted CSA documents.
Can I download a PDF to a PC in the Library?
Yes/No. Currently, only ASME documents can be downloaded on Library PCs. Encrypted CSA documents cannot be downloaded as the FileOpen plug-in has not been installed.
Can I download a PDF to my iPhone?
Yes. The FileOpen app must be installed on your device in order to download and read encrypted CSA documents.
Can I download a PDF to my Android phone?
Maybe. The FileOpen app works on some Android phones but not all Android phones.
Can I rename the file/s?
No. Make sure you have not changed the name of the file when it was saved. This can result in a blank PDF.
Can I print a PDF?
Yes. To print a document you must download the PDF, open it in Adobe Reader and have the FileOpen plugin installed on your computer.
Note: Users accessing Techstreet from the Chrome browser should save and open documents separately with Adobe Acrobat Reader, not within the Chrome browser as it uses an alternative PDF reader incompatible with the Techstreet platform. If you are having issues viewing PDFs in Chrome, view the Techstreet Help Center guide.
- ANSI/ASME A17.1-2019/CSA B44:19 - Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators
- CAN/CSA B311-02 (R2018) - Safety Code for Manlifts
- CAN/CSA Z256-M87 (R2021) - Safety Code for Material Hoists
- CAN/CSA Z259.2.1-98 (R2011) - Fall Arresters, Vertical Lifelines and Rails
- CAN/CSA Z259.2.3:16 (R2020) - Descent Devices
- CSA B355:19 - Platform and Stair Lifts
- CSA C22.1:21 - Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
- CSA Z185-M87 (R2021) - Safety Code for Personnel Hoists
- CSA Z259.10-18 - Full Body Harnesses
- CSA Z259.11-17 - Personal Energy Absorbers and Lanyards
- CSA Z259.12-16 (R2021) - Connecting components for personal fall arrest systems
- CSA Z259.14-12 (R2021) - Fall Restrict Equipment for Wood Pole Climbing
- CSA Z259.15:22 - Anchorage connectors
- CSA Z259.16:21 - Design of Active Fall-Protection Systems
- CSA Z259.17:21 - Selection and use of active fall-protection equipment and systems
- CSA Z259.2.2-17 (R2022) - Self-Retracting Devices
- CSA Z259.2.4-15 (R2020) - Fall arresters and vertical rigid rails
- CSA Z259.2.5-17 - Fall arresters and vertical lifelines
- CSA Z614:20 - Children's playground equipment and surfacing