When to use a Chromebook?
You can use a Chromebook under the following circumstances:
- If your primary use includes any tasks that can be performed using a browser.
- If the software you need has a browser version or Google app equivalent. Microsoft Office includes online versions of popular applications that can be used with a web browser such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and OneDrive.
When to use a Laptop?
You will need a laptop if any of the following applies to your work:
- Software that requires the installation of:
- Respondus (LockDown Browser)
- Microsoft Office (Desktop version used for advanced features)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Browser Plugins
- You have limited or no internet access.