At first glance, Fusion 360 and Inventor may seem very similar. There are notable differences in their features, and the modeling paradigm used to get to an end result in each program is very different.
How you must approach creating a three-dimensional model will vary based on the program, and your design requirements will influence which is better for you.
- Parametric modeling paradigm
- Cloud-based saving, file revisions, and history
- All parts are in one design file
- Windows or macOS
- Direct (aka solid) modeling paradigm
- Local or network-storage only, fewer cloud/collaborative features
- Parts and assemblies in different files
- Windows only